• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/15 hunt

Well when the alarm went off this morning it was still raining, after sittingin the rain the last 2 days I decided to roll over and get some more shuteye. The rain stopped right at daylight so now I'm kicking myself for not getting up. 9:45 I decide to head into the woods, everything is under water including the old road bed I use to get to my stand site. The tree I'm going to climb is in 6 inches of standing water and the road and creek are almost over my boot top. I finally get up the tree and it starts sprinkling, I'm thinking about putting up the umbrella when a spike walks in and starts eating acorns so I decide to wait till he leaves, as he is leaving and i am watching his exit I see antlers coming in the trail he left on, sure enough this guy comes in and starts eating. It was 10:33 when I sat down and 10:46 when I shot. View attachment 1870208View attachment 1870208 View attachment 1870211
Congrats

Thanks to all.
Yes, I've always considered myself and accomplished big game hunter, but I think I surpassed even my expectations with that beast!

Back
Top Bottom