• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/19 deer hunt

Kind of quiet this morning. All I've seen are a momma and her baby. Time to go warm up with a cup of coffee

34356.jpeg

I watched a turkey for a LONG time, eating acorns, saw me but didn’t care. Saw a falcon and a hawk. Saw squirrels do something I’ve never seen, a bunch eating acorns all around, very close to each other but ignoring one another till just before I came down. Then all hell broke loose and they suddenly started chasing each other.

As far as my first time in my climber in over 20 years, that went fine, easy to forget the view you have from 25ft. The monster buck I dreamed up didn’t show 😉

I finally found the buck I've been hunting. Bad news is the yotes found him first. Don't know how he died; but it wasn't long ago. Saw a yote pull on a deer leg down by the creek and it was him. He turned out to be a 12 pt.

Attachments

• 20221119_103253.jpg
    20221119_103253.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 45
  • 20221119_094309.jpg
    20221119_094309.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 47
He was the biggest deer I had on my cameras. I've already gotten in touch with the guy at work that coyote hunts competitively (and he is stoked about hunting there). I had 2 yotes holler at me and 2 more yiping walking in this morning. Got a response from another yote behind me. I watched the one at the deer for about 30 minutes; but never gave me any type of a shot. Too many yotes may be why the deer are being scarce right now.

Back
Top Bottom