• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/21 hunt

That’s how I felt afterwards. Just a personal goal to get something wall worthy. After that prob won’t care as much
Just make sure your idea of wall worthy is not someone else's idea of wall worthy. I know some people with full shoulder mounts of bucks that I would not have even done a euro mount on, but they are happy with them. I have a wall full of euro mounts because I have yet to get one I consider worthy of a full shoulder mount. The one shoulder mount I have is my first buck when I was 13 and my uncle made the decision to mount it and paid for it.

Cost has been a big determining factor for me as well. I can have 4 euro mounts done for the price of one shoulder mount.

Just make sure your idea of wall worthy is not someone else's idea of wall worthy. I know some people with full shoulder mounts of bucks that I would not have even done a euro mount on, but they are happy with them. I have a wall full of euro mounts because I have yet to get one I consider worthy of a full shoulder mount. The one shoulder mount I have is my first buck when I was 13 and my uncle made the decision to mount it and paid for it.

Cost has been a big determining factor for me as well. I can have 4 euro mounts done for the price of one shoulder mount.
I think it’s more about the memory for me than how impressive the deer is.

So I did a euro mount of the one I got this year. Since he was my first eight point. I would not consider him shoulder mount but it was more of an accomplishment. For me and large eight in the 130s would be worth it. Mainly because that’s a monster for where I hunt and in five years I’ve seen two about that size on the trail cam and never one in person.

Back
Top Bottom