• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/26 Hunt

If I'm wanting quality meat, the little one is the first to drop.

That first one makes december hunting better because she will get hot. She is also probably 50 pounds. 15 to 20 pounds of meat at best. I'm not judging. I just learned it's better to let them walk. 1.5 to 7.5 years, I put em down.

That first one makes december hunting better because she will get hot. She is also probably 50 pounds. 15 to 20 pounds of meat at best. I'm not judging. I just learned it's better to let them walk. 1.5 to 7.5 years, I put em down.
If I want quantity, I'll wait for a bigger one, but those little ones are the best venison available. I don't particularly like Whitetail venison, but I'll take the back-straps from a yearling, cut them into medallions and get them in a pan the first chance I get. They often don't even make it into a fridge. Straight from deer to pan. YUMMMM!

If I want quantity, I'll wait for a bigger one, but those little ones are the best venison available. I don't particularly like Whitetail venison, but I'll take the back-straps from a yearling, cut them into medallions and get them in a pan the first chance I get. They often don't even make it into a fridge. Straight from deer to pan. YUMMMM!

I dont disagree. I just cant do it. Too wasteful imo. Makes me feel bad too.

No offense taken. Like you said to each thier own. My property is tough hunting so you've got to take advantage of what the hunting gods give you. I limit my self to 4 does a year and that was #2,3 and 4 so I am rack hunting from here on out. 8 or better and outside the ears from here on out.

No offense taken. Like you said to each thier own. My property is tough hunting so you've got to take advantage of what the hunting gods give you. I limit my self to 4 does a year and that was #2,3 and 4 so I am rack hunting from here on out. 8 or better and outside the ears from here on out.

I get it. I went 5 years without hunting because of basic and being in korea. The first year back I shot a button buck my first day. You could see his spots if you parted his hair. Made me feel bad. I killed a 7.5 year old doe this year. Her teeth were damn near ground away. Made me feel good. That's how we form it. Through our experiences. If it's legal and ethical, it's always good.

Back
Top Bottom