• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/26 hunt

Stepson got his first deer this evening. Not a monster but he's happy with it. 25yd headshot with the 30-30, which makes me proud that all my teaching over the years hasn't been for nothing. (Aim small, miss small)
ce6a976a5dc39a68ae123f52b555daff.jpg

Lmao, I know exactly what you mean. My son and I had a talk about hunting etiquette before we walked in.
Cherish your time with your kids they grow up fast. I use to let my kids shoot deer with their bb guns. When my son was 4 he yelled so loud at a doe just see if it would run off, his uncle heard him a 1/2 mile away. I darn near jumped out of the tree stand.

I got winded by a doe who spent the next 5 mins alerting everything else in the woods. I'll probably just head to breakfast shortly. Good luck everyone.
It's frustrating to have them blow, but I often see deer as early as 20 minutes after one blows. The woods settle back down and deer continue to move......some far enough off that they can't even hear the blowing. The hunt ain't necessarily ruined......

It's frustrating to have them blow, but I often see deer as early as 20 minutes after one blows. The woods settle back down and deer continue to move......some far enough off that they can't even hear the blowing. The hunt ain't necessarily ruined......
I usually have the same experience. I normally hang around afterwards.

I’ve had deer blow at me then come back to get a closer look again and again.
They get frustrated when they see a blob in a tree that just Won’t budge.
They don’t know what to make of it and will stare at you then drop their head and walk past you once they dismiss you’re not a threat.
These are the moments that of you so much as wiggle your toe in your boot they will bolt like grease lighting.
Learned that the hard way

Back
Top Bottom