• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/28 Hunt

happygoschmucky

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
73   0
Reaction score
Well I had enough of squirrels and went out for deer this morning. First deer I’ve ever taken. No one in my family hunts so this is all new to me. I’ve been researching and watching tons of videos but finally got the chance to go out this AM. I staged my stand yesterday on a ridge line where I’ve seen scrapes before while squirreling.

Got into the climber at 6:15.

3 does came by right at shooting light but I couldn’t see well enough and was nervous I was gonna wound one instead of killing it so let them pass.

Hung around and tooted a few times on my doe call. This fella came scooting up behind me sniffing along the the opposite ways the does came. He must’ve stared right at me on 3 separate occasions till he finally showed me a positive broadside shot that I felt good about. Got a clean shot off and he ran a little ways and dropped. 170gr 30-30

Not a monster but it sure felt heavy hauling out lol

Thanks for the Marlin salty rooster salty rooster !

And Thank you Peanut Butter Peanut Butter for walking me through a lot of noob questions.

Enjoyed this immensely and will be back out for sure.

7AA74274-4343-4BDF-AEA9-FD5775BF5956.jpeg

Well I had enough of squirrels and went out for deer this morning. First deer I’ve ever taken. No one in my family hunts so this is all new to me. I’ve been researching and watching tons of videos but finally got the chance to go out this AM. I staged my stand yesterday on a ridge line where I’ve seen scrapes before while squirreling.

Got into the climber at 6:15.

3 does came by right at shooting light but I couldn’t see well enough and was nervous I was gonna wound one instead of killing it so let them pass.

Hung around and tooted a few times on my doe call. This fella came scooting up behind me sniffing along the the opposite ways the does came. He must’ve stared right at me on 3 separate occasions till he finally showed me a positive broadside shot that I felt good about. Got a clean shot off and he ran a little ways and dropped. 170gr 30-30

Not a monster but it sure felt heavy hauling out lol

Thanks for the Marlin salty rooster salty rooster !

And Thank you Peanut Butter Peanut Butter for walking me through a lot of noob questions.

Enjoyed this immensely and will be back out for sure.

View attachment 5015356
Noob teaching noob. How you kill a buck before me?

Back
Top Bottom