• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/9 hunt...

i’m in Pennsylvania right now.
I’ve seen a whole bunch of monster deer road kill on the highways.
My Nephew and I had a big buck limping across the road near a corn field.
His right rear leg was lame.
He got across the road and stood in another field for a few seconds, looked around then slowly limped off.
I think he may have just been hit by a car because there were a couple cars parked off to the side of the road before we approached the deer and one had front end damage.
I wanted to go pop the deer with my pistol but didn’t need the attention plus Pennsylvania has a lot of stupid cops and people so we just figured let nature take its course plus i’m sure the deer would have scuttled away if I got close to it.
Sad....he was a big 3.5 y/o 8 point.
My nephew has it on video.

Yep, she shot a pretty 10 pointer. He has about two inches of hardened velvet on his left G3. Very cool deer, but not the really big 10 that I had to let walk on Friday. I knew that would happen after I bucked out. Not sure if a pic will load from here but I'll try.

Here you go

5065.jpeg

Well an eventful Sat eve hunt at cabin..!

We were getting real discouraged and literally thought somehow we missed the rut.. My son is in a box stand 250 yards from me looking up the power line. I was in a Ladder looking down the power line both have food plots and mine has a dry creek running thru it all has CRP and radius cuts thru it all..

At 5:30 he texts and says he is going to aggressive rattle at 5:45. At 5:40 I see a spike step out far end and walk a back property line coming closer slowly.. My son rattles at 5:45 and all Holy Hell breaks loose. He has a small 8 13 -14” come on a rope straight at him to 90 yards..

I see the spike do an about face and do a uturn in to woods... I am like WTF...? About the time I look left A tall 8 is out on the edge doing a scrape and thrashing branches... he stops looks behind him and gets submissive. I see a huge buck come at him ears back about to stomp his ass..

I can never get him in cross hairs long enough. He runs that buck off and another buck comes in, the one I shot. At one point I had 3 bucks in my FOV in my scope, all moving around. It was like a freaking shell game. A hot doe stands up from the power line and they all start chasing her.

I see the big bodied buck which I thought was the monster and shoot.. It was a very big 7 with 2 kickers off the base.. but not the monster I saw.. it gets better...

I wait for my son and his friend to arrive it is 6:20-6:25 pm.. I am pumped. We go to retrieve him and we here grunting and crashing coming at us.. That big buck was trying to come in and stomp that dead 7.. We grabbed that buck and dragged it off. While I had my pistol out...

Never in over 40 years of deer hunting had I had such an evening...!

5 bucks if you include the spike all in 15 minutes that I believed was precipitated by my son rattling and the Hot doe..

Pics to follow not enough signal, and getting errors trying to attach pics.

C8C83BFD-5D28-4172-8F90-43B5CBC12806.jpeg

52983C41-78A5-4C49-BAA2-38F599415D18.jpeg

We were getting real discouraged and literally thought somehow we missed the rut.. My son is in a box stand 250 yards from me looking up the power line. I was in a Ladder looking down the power line both have food plots and mine has a dry creek running thru it all has CRP and radius cuts thru it all..

At 5:30 he texts and says he is going to aggressive rattle at 5:45. At 5:40 I see a spike step out far end and walk a back property line coming closer slowly.. My son rattles at 5:45 and all Holy Hell breaks loose. He has a small 8 13 -14” come on a rope straight at him to 90 yards..

I see the spike do an about face and do a uturn in to woods... I am like WTF...? About the time I look left A tall 8 is out on the edge doing a scrape and thrashing branches... he stops looks behind him and gets submissive. I see a huge buck come at him ears back about to stomp his ass..

I can never get him in cross hairs long enough. He runs that buck off and another buck comes in, the one I shot. At one point I had 3 bucks in my FOV in my scope, all moving around. It was like a freaking shell game. A hot doe stands up from the power line and they all start chasing her.

I see the big bodied buck which I thought was the monster and shoot.. It was a very big 7 with 2 kickers off the base.. but not the monster I saw.. it gets better...

I wait for my son and his friend to arrive it is 6:20-6:25 pm.. I am pumped. We go to retrieve him and we here grunting and crashing coming at us.. That big buck was trying to come in and stomp that dead 7.. We grabbed that buck and dragged it off. While I had my pistol out...

5 bucks if you include the spike all in 15 minutes that I believed was precipitated by my son rattling and the Hot doe..

Boo YAH

That's the reason we do it brother! Congrats!

That’s awesome man!
I’ve had several hunts in Pennsylvania with that kind of activity as there are just so many deer up here.
Ive counted over 30 does at times the first hour of daylight with trophy bucks galore.
Too
bad they’re not that big in Ga.

You are blessed to have been a player in this dream come true! Better yet you and your Son will remember this hunt together forever. Right place Right time and great rattle job, look forward to the pic's Congrats guys!

Back
Top Bottom