• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/9 hunt...

Heard coyotes trying to kill a buck but he survived I believe heard him grunting later on. He atleast sounded big. Moved my stand to his lair and found some great sign. Partially separated my ac joint in the process of rehanging my stand. That sucks but won’t keep me out of woods.

Both are spike bucks. Such a great morning spent with my girls!!

127E2CC9-0B73-4792-9774-B72DB2AF4B4F.jpeg
10E793A8-E0F0-4850-A904-FF481850F426.jpeg

C2A78FAB-BEC9-4D3D-ADE3-B2295CF7E65D.jpeg

Here’s the story.....
We got settled in, shortly after the sun came up, a deer came in from the right. Mya was set up for that side so she got to shoot first. This wasn’t her first rodeo, so she took her time and waited for a good angle. The deer was 50 yards and facing straight on, she waited til it got broadside for a clean shot. Once it turned broadside, she let him tote a Barnes bullet. He dropped in his tracks at the sound of the shot.

An hour and a half later, I look up and there is a deer coming out of the cane thicket, broadside at 30 yards. Mackenzie gets on this one and says she’s steady. I told her to shoot when ready....at the crack of the rifle the deer rears up on its hind legs with its front legs stiff and runs about 10 feet on its hind legs, then tips over in a tangle of vines.
Man, this is so much fun!!! I’m sooooo proud of my girls!

Back
Top Bottom