• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/9 hunt...

Got back in the stand just in time this afternoon. I just had 2 pretty nice 8 points cruise by a little after 4pm.

The first one was only a wee bit smaller than the the one I shot last Sunday. I hope I dont end up regretting letting him walk, but I dont want to burn my last buck tag one smaller than what I've already shot, especially with rut just getting going. Any other time of the season or had I not shot a buck already, he would have be dead.

The second 8 point was little smaller, not quite as tall or as wide. He had a couple of points that were only an inch or two and spread was only out to his ears. Both of them had decent mass, but still appeared to be 2.5-3.5 yr old deer.

I'm already second guessing whether or not I should have shot the bigger one. He may not be so lucky if I see him again this season. Hope I can see him again when my girlfriend or my other hunting buddy is with me. That would be the biggest one they ever got by far.

A8FBB965-6109-4B58-829F-7126EF1DE238.jpeg
Hopefully gonna get it’s partner too. Stupid coyotes

Well done Dad!!! Fantastic young ladies!! Love seeing parents teaching respect for nature, developing a passion and spending time together. Now it's time to reap the bounty and celebrate!!!!!Congrats to all
Thank you for the kind words my friend! My kids love the outdoors and want to go with me all of the time. I try to accommodate that as much as I can. Hopefully they pass this on to their children and continue to go long after I’m gone.

Back
Top Bottom