• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/9 hunt...

Here’s the story.....
We got settled in, shortly after the sun came up, a deer came in from the right. Mya was set up for that side so she got to shoot first. This wasn’t her first rodeo, so she took her time and waited for a good angle. The deer was 50 yards and facing straight on, she waited til it got broadside for a clean shot. Once it turned broadside, she let him tote a Barnes bullet. He dropped in his tracks at the sound of the shot.

An hour and a half later, I look up and there is a deer coming out of the cane thicket, broadside at 30 yards. Mackenzie gets on this one and says she’s steady. I told her to shoot when ready....at the crack of the rifle the deer rears up on its hind legs, runs about 10 feet on its hind legs, then tips over in a tangle of vines.
Man, this is so much fun!!! I’m sooooo proud of my girls!
How can it get any better than that. I bet you were grinning ear to ear.Your girls will remember that for the rest of their lives.

The girls liked the sound of the bullet thumping the deer before they could hear the crack of the rifle. My buddy heard both bullets strike the deer from a good ways off.
I may end up having to get another Blackout built so they don’t have to pass the rifle back and forth!

How can it get any better than that. I bet you were grinning ear to ear.Your girls will remember that for the rest of their lives.
It can’t get any better...not one bit. All of my kids have had good hunts so far.
To tell you the truth, I got a little bit choked up. I have no shame in admitting that.

IMG951670[1].jpg

Got an 11 pointer this morning in Jackson Co. He was trailing a doe.

Slow afternoon for me. Saw the 2 8pts at 4 and didnt see anything else til 4 small does came out right before dark, think they were mostly yearlings.

Back
Top Bottom