• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12/3 hunt

Had a fox trot under me - no deer yet in Dade county.

I walked to the stand this am by moon light - I suspect there won't be any action until mid-day, if then.

It is a beautiful morning to be in the woods regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen the same 3 does I saw yesterday evening. Luckily they kept walking across instead ofstraight towards me like yesterday. The biggest doe got about 10 yards away before she spooked. All 3 went to blowing at me, the biggest stopped at the edge of food plot and looked right at me and blew atleast a dozen times. I went for a headshot and missed high, I judged distance bad and gave too much of a raise. But I'd rather miss than wound..

Seen the same 3 does I saw yesterday evening. Luckily they kept walking across instead ofstraight towards me like yesterday. The biggest doe got about 10 yards away before she spooked. All 3 went to blowing at me, the biggest stopped at the edge of food plot and looked right at me and blew atleast a dozen times. I went for a headshot and missed high, I judged distance bad and gave too much of a raise. But I'd rather miss than wound..
When in dought always hold dead on.

A mature doe was my intention last night but the largest of the three I saw was still not more than a 1 year old, maybe next week.

Back
Top Bottom