• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12-31 Hunt

Jan 31st is the last day in Cobb-bow only

It’s all over for me on Jan 13. Wish we had the extended archery season here. I coulda drilled that doe this morning with my crossbow, she was only 35yrds away. If I can put another on the ground with the gun, I will swap back over to the crossbow for the rest of the season...or at least carry both. I didn’t have any luck during archery this year.

It’s all over for me on Jan 13. Wish we had the extended archery season here. I coulda drilled that doe this morning with my crossbow, she was only 35yrds away. If I can put another on the ground with the gun, I will swap back over to the crossbow for the rest of the season...or at least carry both. I didn’t have any luck during archery this year.
I’m planning on tagging a couple more does before it’s over. I’ve got an old nanny and a couple good size does on camera at daylight. I just havn’t made it ou that much recently.

I’m planning on tagging a couple more does before it’s over. I’ve got an old nanny and a couple good size does on camera at daylight. I just havn’t made it ou that much recently.

Understand how that goes! It can be hard to leave that warm comfortable bed before the sun comes up.

If I had a buck tag I would be looking to bust a 4 point for meat. Lots of the does have been bred, and can only breed 1x a year. Those bucks can breed 15-20x or more. Depending on the ratios, of course. In my area the buck to doe ratio is excellent, so taking out a young buck would be ideal.

Good luck to everyone. I'm afraid I may be done for the year. I would love to find a day where 3-4 guys could get together and run some late season drives. I always enjoyed doing that.

Back
Top Bottom