• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12/5

Me and the nephew didn't see squat. Then bumped one when I was scouting an area that I haven't hunted since last year.

To yall that hunt with kids regularly my hat is off to yall, I forgot how much patience it takes having a kid with you. Constantly moving and making noise can wear on the nerves.

Hunting one of my favorite plots this evening we sure need some rain
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 4
It rained for two hours in Dahlonega.
Quit around 3:30 with very light sprinkle till 5.
I knew it was gonna be a good evening to see deer.
Lemme tell you……I haven’t seen so much deer activity for 30 years when I hunted in Pa.
I saw roughly 40 deer tonight .
Giant heard went by and they kept coming and coming but out of range on ridge.
I was hoping they’d come back.
I watched a couple cross into the bowl from way down yonder through an opening in the trees.
I was hoping something would flush as a result.
Sure enough a small herd of four does and two yearlings came up to my tower.
I busted the big nanny on point and watched her go down 30 yards away.
Swhacker broadhead/heart
I gave it a half hour and just watched the show.
Two bucks came sneaking around where the others does ran after I shot.
The big herd then came out of the bowl and was running around all wily nilly
With bucks on their flank.
Bucks stayed back after a while and two more young bucks came by me rutting.
They bolted into the bowl when I heard more running in there.
After a while a few more does came by.
When they all cleared I got out of my tower, took three steps and another nanny just appeared right in front of me.
She was a monster doe with a couple more lingering behind her….she was stomping at me and coming closer within five yards….I reloaded right jn front of her when she turned her head.
Another look away and I placed another arrow in the crossbow.
Waited for her to look away again but she moved her vitals behind a giant red oak.
She turned and disappeared…..
I noticed she walked straight away cause I saw her bob over the ridge.
Oh well…..a few more were running around me when I went to recover my doe.
Sorry no pics ….I didn’t take my phone with me .
Freaking awesome hunt…..wish I could have shot one of the bucks…..big ones were 8 points for sure.

Sounds like good times. I was headed out the door to softball practice. It was raining and thundering. I just stayed home

Me and the nephew didn't see squat. Then bumped one when I was scouting an area that I haven't hunted since last year.

To yall that hunt with kids regularly my hat is off to yall, I forgot how much patience it takes having a kid with you. Constantly moving and making noise can wear on the nerves.
Get a good hub blind or build some elaborate brush blinds and keep them young-uns in the woods. Best of luck to y’all, hope all has been well.

Get a good hub blind or build some elaborate brush blinds and keep them young-uns in the woods. Best of luck to y’all, hope all has been well.
Oh yea we sat in a ground box on a wooden seat. The wind was never really right for my hub blinds. I'm taking him back out to hunt the forecasted rain this weekend. It's been good, hope the same for you!

Back
Top Bottom