• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12 Year old slams the Record at Carters lake

Wow. That is a lunker crappie !!
That is almost as big as the ones in lake Weiss :becky:

Seriously tho, congrats to this young man !! I bet it really turned him on to find out he got the record....and by 1.5 pounds !!
I think lake Weiss record is a pound and 1/2 more. That's apples to oranges though . Weiss has got to be the "Crappie Capitol" of the USA? SADLY I've never fished either unless the Coosa counts , right where it goes into Weiss? Got To one day.

I think lake Weiss record is a pound and 1/2 more. That's apples to oranges though . Weiss has got to be the "Crappie Capitol" of the USA? SADLY I've never fished either unless the Coosa counts , right where it goes into Weiss? Got To one day.
Its awesome when they run... or get active, like twice a year. Buddy of mine has a place in Center, AL on the lake. We sit on the dock and drink beer for 2 days straight and fish . Its great. They are the size of dinner plates. 12” before you can keep.
They sponsor a crappie-thon every year. DNR tags a bunch of them and they have a variety of prizes. Supposed to be state res though i think.

Yep, they are fun....i havent been in 3+ yrs now. I got to get back. :fish2:

Its awesome when they run... or get active, like twice a year. Buddy of mine has a place in Center, AL on the lake. We sit on the dock and drink beer for 2 days straight and fish . Its great. They are the size of dinner plates. 12” before you can keep.
They sponsor a crappie-thon every year. DNR tags a bunch of them and they have a variety of prizes. Supposed to be state res though i think.

Yep, they are fun....i havent been in 3 yrs now. I got to get back. :fish2:
One of my best Friends has a place on the lake and I still have never fished it. We've stayed out there before , just me and the better half. He told me to fish but I didn't have a license for Alabama. :frusty: i will next time

DoNOT get caught with any alcohol on a boat, i have been told.
Something like $500 a container ! A case of beer can break you ! Lol

DoNOT get caught with any alcohol on a boat, i have been told.
Something like $500 a container ! A case of beer can break you ! Lol
Dont quote me on this but i believe they changed that law. As long as the driver of the boat is sober your gtg.

Dont quote me on this but i believe they changed that law. As long as the driver of the boat is sober your gtg.
That is highly likely....My info is at least 3yo if not 5 yrs ago ! Lol. I can’t remember squat the older i get, it seems :)

I remember being over at the lake visiting and there was always a boat of some magnatude tied up. Usually just a flat bottom jon boat with a gas mtr.
They always said “if you take out the boat, dont bring anything alcohol with ya. Its costly !! Lol.
Seriously, they may have changed it , idk. I would check first

Back
Top Bottom