• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

120 grit aluminum oxide local source

Sweet! Only an hour from me. Thanks man I'll call them in the morning.

Surface prep for cerakote.

For future reference, you can use garnet sand and it works just like aluminum oxide. I get big 50lb buckets of garnet sand at Tractor supply for like $20. It's labeled as "80 grit" but it's nowhere near that course. It works great. I just coated an AK receiver and the prep was perfect. The safety lever is barely even making a mark on it. Cerakote is awesome when prepped correctly.

For future reference, you can use garnet sand and it works just like aluminum oxide. I get big 50lb buckets of garnet sand at Tractor supply for like $20. It's labeled as "80 grit" but it's nowhere near that course. It works great. I just coated an AK receiver and the prep was perfect. The safety lever is barely even making a mark on it. Cerakote is awesome when prepped correctly.
What does it cost there? The 120 aluminum oxide I ordered cost $70 shipped for 55lbs and they actually shipped super fast, orderd Friday and got it monday. So far it's working pretty good, I also have some 100 grit garnet sand and I can't tell the difference between the two.

What does it cost there? The 120 aluminum oxide I ordered cost $70 shipped for 55lbs and they actually shipped super fast, orderd Friday and got it monday. So far it's working pretty good, I also have some 100 grit garnet sand and I can't tell the difference between the two.

It was $25 for 50lb.

Back
Top Bottom