• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$125 For Free!!!

dannymcd

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
Due to the Equifax data breach, almost all of us can make a claim as the result of a class action settlement. If you had expenses as a result of it you could be due more, but a more detailed claim with proof would have to be filed. Clark Howard has the link on his Facebook feed, and most surely on his website. It took me less than 5 minutes to fill out the online form.
The standard claim is $125. You are welcome! :-)

GLWS.

Very limited funds earmarked for these checks . If everyone elegible files for one, each check will be about thirty cents.

Tell everyone to file, spread the wealth!

Yup, I saw this with class action against Nations Bank, after Bank of America picked them up. It was supposedly a $100 per case settlement but again, it was based on teh 'typical' number of claims. I think my check was 76 cents... I still have it around somewhere.

The only people who are guaranteed their money in full are the lawyers.

As for the 'free' credit monitorings, if I remember the original offer, just after the breach, it was Equifax's service they were giving you. I definitely have no interest in the losers who lost my data in the first place trying to 'protect me' after the fact.

Yup, I saw this with class action against Nations Bank, after Bank of America picked them up. It was supposedly a $100 per case settlement but again, it was based on teh 'typical' number of claims. I think my check was 76 cents... I still have it around somewhere.

The only people who are guaranteed their money in full are the lawyers.

As for the 'free' credit monitorings, if I remember the original offer, just after the breach, it was Equifax's service they were giving you. I definitely have no interest in the losers who lost my data in the first place trying to 'protect me' after the fact.

Don’t blame you, but the cash payout will almost certainly be miniscule. The monitoring will at least alert you when something hits your credit report. There are some free services that provide that but I suspect Equifax’s service is better being that its a paid service, but I guess YMMV.

Something is going to have to change. Criminals will not stop trying to steal our info. Too much money in it.

Back
Top Bottom