• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$125 For Free!!!

The 10 year credit monitoring (assuming its worth a damn) is a much better deal.

I have put it out there before- LOCK YOUR CREDIT FILE at the big three (Equifax, Transunion, and Experion) and never worry about identity theft or fraud again.

Much better than monitoring services.

To triple protect it, send a fraud alert to Chex Systems, they are the ones everybody checks with prior to opening a banking or brokerage account.

My first "real" job out of college was with the Retail Credit Company, the successor to Equifax. They sucked in 1970. Strange setup....I had a college degree and reported to a guy with a high school diploma, who in turn reported to a guy with 25 years experience and a 8th grade education. Strange, I tell you.

Don’t blame you, but the cash payout will almost certainly be miniscule. The monitoring will at least alert you when something hits your credit report. There are some free services that provide that but I suspect Equifax’s service is better being that its a paid service, but I guess YMMV.

Something is going to have to change. Criminals will not stop trying to steal our info. Too much money in it.

You're probably right... at least you will get something, versus that $3.65 check two years from now.

After this happened I went with LifeLock, which I thought was a really good service. But then they jumped on the anti-NRA bandwagon and I dumped them. I guess this would be better than the nothing I have right now. I also need to find my bill from Lifelock, since that can be fully refunded from what I read.

Back
Top Bottom