• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
46 grains and a light crimp. Recoil is mild(considering) and expansion was perfect. Shooting from a Remington 721B.
Screenshot_2016-11-08-15-50-10.png

Please don't use a match bullet for hunting as someone suggested. They are mostly FMJ or HPBT and will pencil right through a deer with very minimal energy transfer. You will either wound an animal or follow a blood trail for hours. Use soft point bullets that were MADE for hunting. Sierra Gamekings SP-BT are great--- and guess what!? they have them in 165 grain... these will give you match grade accuracy as well as stopping power.

Please don't use a match bullet for hunting as someone suggested. They are mostly FMJ or HPBT and will pencil right through a deer with very minimal energy transfer. You will either wound an animal or follow a blood trail for hours. Use soft point bullets that were MADE for hunting. Sierra Gamekings SP-BT are great--- and guess what!? they have them in 165 grain... these will give you match grade accuracy as well as stopping power.
hell no I know that. I use Pro Hunters in the 308 in 150. Just got a new 06 and want to load some 165's for it.Never really helps to ask on here much anymore.

hell no I know that. I use Pro Hunters in the 308 in 150. Just got a new 06 and want to load some 165's for it.Never really helps to ask on here much anymore.
Lol good to hear!! I really love the sierra gamekings. I use 180 grain GK SPBT in my 308 for both match and hunting loads. I did a lot of load development work with them so I wanted to be able to use it for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom