• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We're all offering our services, but you don't need primed brass to tell if the striker falls on a Glock. Test away-- you can hear it and I'm 99% certain you can SEE it through the port in the end of the slide. See whether or not it's cocked, I mean.

Try it. You don't want primers going bang anyway. Loud, contaminate the area with lead compounds, etc.

Edit: I may have spoken too quickly. I guess it's possible for the striker to "fire", but the firing pin block safety to stop the round from firing. For that, yeah, the primed cases would be useful. But I hope you don't see something as unsafe to to get "that far" toward an accident.

We're all offering our services, but you don't need primed brass to tell if the striker falls on a Glock. Test away-- you can hear it and I'm 99% certain you can SEE it through the port in the end of the slide. See whether or not it's cocked, I mean.

Try it. You don't want primers going bang anyway. Loud, contaminate the area with lead compounds, etc.

Edit: I may have spoken too quickly. I guess it's possible for the striker to "fire", but the firing pin block safety to stop the round from firing. For that, yeah, the primed cases would be useful. But I hope you don't see something as unsafe to to get "that far" toward an accident.

Reports are that some of the triggers have so much of the take up removed that the FPBS doesn't work properly (bypassed) and/or there are issues with insufficient engagement with the cruciform and the striker. I currently run an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger in my carry gun and an Agency Arms trigger in another Glock, they aren't one of the manufacturers known to have these issues. I will also be testing a Deus Ex Machina Gunfighter trigger and the Suarez International Tactical trigger, which are known to defeat one or two of the three safeties. If the FPBS is bypassed, striker bounce from dropping could cause primer ignition. The current standard for what many go off when choosing a flat trigger is this review:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Glock-trigger-Pull-up-a-chair-and-come-inside

I don't know what the credentials are for the guy that wrote the review and if there were any adjustments made to the trigger bar which may be necessary due to tolerances and specific parts used.

There aren't a lot of reviews out for the Deus Ex Machina trigger so I want to be able to compare it to the others and will measure the following for comparison between all of the aforementioned triggers: Length of pull- pretravel and overtravel, reset, and how it "feels" in addition to the safety tests. I'm not very eloquent so I have no plans to publish the results unless anyone wants to see them, just want to know myself which are "best" for me and if they are indeed safe. The good news is if all are indeed safe and I simply prefer one or two compared to the others, there will be some good deals to be had on here for anyone looking for a flat faced trigger once I'm finished testing. Will also be testing the IDP tactical trigger when funds allow.

Dude! If you've got THAT much invested in Glocks and triggers... you might consider reloading.

It's 100% true that reloading 9mm doesn't save enough money to justify buying the equipment, if you compare to bulk sale prices today-- and especially with the $7.99/box prices we used to get pre "Sandy Hook", and hopefully will get again. Ultimately, you'll save money-- but you're paying (saving) yourself $12/hour for your time, and it will take 5 to 15 thousand rounds to break even.

However... the ability to tweak loads for whatever reason (like to lighten up the powder charge so you can shoot faster), the separating yourself from panics in the market, and so forth, it may still be worth considering. And if you do start loading other calibers like .45, .308 (not .380, .308), never mind hunting ammo-- these are where the savings really start to add up. At $2 plus for rifle hunting ammo-- how much practice do most hunters really put in? Knock that down to fifty cents a shot, and suddenly there's no reason not to practice with your hunting rifle. Heck, $0.70 a shot will load .300 Rem Ultra Mag-- compare that to $2.50 to $4 a shot from the store.

But it's a whole hobby in itself, and takes room for the equipment, and there's a lot to learn. But some of us actually enjoy it.

But back to the main subject: You are, in my opinion, doing the intelligent and responsible thing by fully testing the safety of those triggers. Good for you. And good luck. Though you might want to ask for 50 cases to have a lifetime supply! Doesn't take much longer to run 50 than it does 10.

Back
Top Bottom