• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

15.8lb NY Strip loin going in the smoker

Only took a pic of the second half. I pulled these out at 140 cause most wanted a little more done than what I pulled out at 130. The 130 was more pink (what I like) but the 140 temp was good too. I forgot to mention that I go light with the smoke- just my preference. I’ve used a lot of smoke before and they were a little strong- gave me heartburn after the 3rd steak. Might be better with a fruity wood...I’ll try something like all Apple next go round.
Threw a 3lb block of sharp cheddar in there too for 10 min- smoked cheese toast is also great

0C326085-BF8C-460B-BBC0-20034A3F5AD0.jpeg

Only took a pic of the second half. I pulled these out at 140 cause most wanted a little more done than what I pulled out at 130. The 130 was more pink (what I like) but the 140 temp was good too. I forgot to mention that I go light with the smoke- just my preference. I’ve used a lot of smoke before and they were a little strong- gave me heartburn after the 3rd steak. Might be better with a fruity wood...I’ll try something like all Apple next go round.
Threw a 3lb block of sharp cheddar in there too for 10 min- smoked cheese toast is also great

View attachment 1927588
Looks scrumptious !

Back
Top Bottom