• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$15 weapon light...From Home DEPOT?????

Nice.... I know I've got a spare ring laying around here somewhere... I don't know how a filament type bulb might hold up, but I think an LED should be fine.

I think it will do better than expected! We'll see Saturday hopefully!

If it survives the range trip, I'll be impressed. :thumb:

I only bring it up because I tried the same thing once...didn't make it through three mags before the light just completely failed. :pout:

There's a reason a Streamlight costs $100 :noidea:

I have never seen any improvised "bargain" weaponlight make it past a partial magazine w/o a catastrophic failure...whether it be the old filament style or the newer LED versions.

I like the mindset of the OP of testing it beforehand.
All of the time people RELY on their THEORIES but when they bring these "theories" out to our range they almost never survive contact w/ reality.

And I also like the idea of trying more economical solutions before diving into "Gucci" gear but often in tact. gear that you
might be betting your life on, you usually get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Agreed! It was one of those spur of the moment things and figured what the heck. Its only $15 bucks...and the light is lifetime warranty heeheheheheh! IF it makes it more than one 30 round mag..COOL. IF not..what the heck, I had a blast dumping a few mags worth at the range.

I have never seen any improvised "bargain" weaponlight make it past a partial magazine w/o a catastrophic failure...whether it be the old filament style or the newer LED versions.

I like the mindset of the OP of testing it beforehand.
All of the time people RELY on their THEORIES but when they bring these "theories" out to our range they almost never survive contact w/ reality.

And I also like the idea of trying more economical solutions before diving into "Gucci" gear but often in tact. gear that you
might be betting your life on, you usually get what you pay for.

Would a Surefire 6P mounted on an AR be ok for a weapon light?

Back
Top Bottom