• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1500 acres and no where to shoot

Jamescg

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
President of the neckbeard club
96   0
Reaction score
My dads side of the family is from south Alabama, between all my cousins land they have about 1500 acres. I would ask my cousins if I could shoot some where long range he would ride me around the farm looking at this place and that place but never stopping. You might hit my cows you might damage my crops he would say. Finally we went back to the house without shooting. I didn’t say a words it’s his land. But it seems funny 1500 acres and no where to shoot.

Reactions: MBC
I can see how you could have a 1500 acre parcel of land without a natural "safe place to shoot" because there is no adequate backstop of sufficient size and slope.

Now, if you could convince your cousins to take a tractor or excavator and build up a 15 foot tall 25 foot wide berm of earth on one side of a field,

and you shoot from the other side of it maybe even from an elevated platform or stand that you would build and pay for, so you can fire over the tops of the crops as they grow, that might make it safe enough.

But, even if you build a small shooting range with a fixed firing line (or a couple of firing lines from various distances), and one really good tall backstop it's still going to be pointless if you have "slob shooters" visiting that range...

people who will shoot empty cans on the ground a good long distance in front of the backstop,

people who will try to shoot pine cones out of the trees with a pistol,

people who shoot old appliances and have the bullets ricochet off the metal and fly in the air over the berm and landing a mile away.... (and they'll leave their shot-up cans and old bullet-riddled appliances on the ground also. Slob shooters don't pack out their trash.)

I can see how you could have a 1500 acre parcel of land without a natural "safe place to shoot" because there is no adequate backstop of sufficient size and slope.

Now, if you could convince your cousins to take a tractor or excavator and build up a 15 foot tall 25 foot wide berm of earth on one side of a field,

and you shoot from the other side of it maybe even from an elevated platform or stand that you would build and pay for, so you can fire over the tops of the crops as they grow, that might make it safe enoug
My brother seems to think two things, I might accidentally shoot a cow which would be expensive mistake and if he lets me shoot then he has to let his local friends shoot too, if he let me shoot and not them, they would be mad at him and he has to live in that small town

He may have seen your ODT avatar ? Looks untrustworthy and you admit to being President of the neckbeard club.:boink:

1652978161662.png

Back
Top Bottom