• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

158 grain 9mm subs

rimfireguy

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
83   0
Reaction score
I literally have thousands of 158 grain lead bullets meant for 38 Special I was thinking of resizing a few to .356 and trying my hand at loading up some 9 mm Subs. Have any of you guys tried doing this? Can't find any load data in my books

Looks like I've got the powder for a couple of those loads. going to head out to my workshop after breakfast . My wife wants to shoot the ar9 but doesn't like how loud it is even with the suppressor, hopefully these will make her happy.
The only thing I would say is just a word of caution regarding lead bullets and suppressors. Some cans, a lead bullet migh bvoid a warranty. Be aware that it will cause more gunk in the baffles.

The only thing I would say is just a word of caution regarding lead bullets and suppressors. Some cans, a lead bullet migh bvoid a warranty. Be aware that it will cause more gunk in the baffles.
if that's the case I've voided all my warranties LOL, my go to suppressor host is a Marlin 1894 chambered in 357 Magnum I basically only shoot cast lead bullets through it.

I've also thought to try my hand at powder coating seems like that might help a little with the crud build up
It would. And you can even buy them that way. If you aren't worried about it, blast away. I've shot several hundred lead pills through my cans. They cleaned up ok.

It would. And you can even buy them that way. If you aren't worried about it, blast away. I've shot several hundred lead pills through my cans. They cleaned up ok.
Yeah most of my cans get pretty fouled up I try to clean them periodically but I'm not too strict about it. I figured they're meant to be shot and enjoyed when they wear out I can always buy more.

let me know if you find a load that works well for you. I"m working on some loads for 147gr JHP Zero bullets with N320 and also looking for the same powder ideally for 230gr 45ACP JHP.

I've got a lot of lead around and will start making some 44 special stuff powder coated in the next few weeks hopefully.

let me know if you find a load that works well for you. I"m working on some loads for 147gr JHP Zero bullets with N320 and also looking for the same powder ideally for 230gr 45ACP JHP.

I've got a lot of lead around and will start making some 44 special stuff powder coated in the next few weeks hopefully.

ive been using 147gr zero JHPs with cfe pistol at almost a max load, stays subsonic. seem to group nice, can still in jail...

Back
Top Bottom