• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

16" Desert Tech Covert .308

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
195   0
Reaction score
Desert Tech 16" Covert .308. Had a student run this out to 1,000yds in my last Basic Precision Rifle Course.

Shown next to my 16.5" Steyr SSG69 for comparison.

IMG_5710.JPG

the guys there were saying that with the coverts you could not switch out barrels.
You would have to get a SRS.

Not true. The Covert uses a shorter handguard than standard, but you can still swap out barrel lengths and calibers.

From DT's website:
"The SRS-A1 Covert uses our patented quick caliber conversion feature, with the ability to change calibers in sixty seconds. The Covert also accepts full-length SRS-A1 conversion kits in all calibers, providing snipers full-size rifle flexibility."

Not true. The Covert uses a shorter handguard than standard, but you can still swap out barrel lengths and calibers.

From DT's website:
"The SRS-A1 Covert uses our patented quick caliber conversion feature, with the ability to change calibers in sixty seconds. The Covert also accepts full-length SRS-A1 conversion kits in all calibers, providing snipers full-size rifle flexibility."

Well then the jack ass at the booth told me miss information.
I knew the covert had a shorter handguard than the SRS.

i like the idea of buying one platform and shooting multiple calibers out of it.

Issue is doubt I could ever afford one or if I did have that coin, if I would drop it on a DT.

Back
Top Bottom