• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

16" Desert Tech Covert .308

i like the idea of buying one platform and shooting multiple calibers out of it.

Issue is doubt I could ever afford one or if I did have that coin, if I would drop it on a DT.

I've shot them in a half dozen or so calibers. They all shot great.

The only difference between the covert and srs is the handguard. The both swap barrels. The covert allows 16 inch tubes while the srs has a 22" minimum.

Attachments

• 20160803_135245.jpg
    20160803_135245.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 32
I'm thinking if getting one of these in .338 and 6.5. Did you get to shoot the one the guy brought to class? How did it compare to other high end precision rifles? Just curious. I'm kind of going to by one blind.

I'm thinking if getting one of these in .338 and 6.5. Did you get to shoot the one the guy brought to class? How did it compare to other high end precision rifles? Just curious. I'm kind of going to by one blind.

I didn't shoot his, but I've shot plenty of others. They're excellent rifles.

If you are going to buy one, and think you might want the monopod, buy it already installed. It's $200 up front or $400 to do it later. Other than that don't expect the trigger to be a glass rod Jewell or huber. It is comparable to a standard timney. If you would like to try before you buy let me know. Just buy some decent factory 6.5 or 308 ammo. Will have a SAC .223 conversion in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom