• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 45 acp recoil control with Recover Tactical Grip and rail system

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I bought this little grip and rail system to put a light on my 1911 to circulate it into my home defense line up. What I really like about is it has a little knurl on the part that sits on the front of the trigger guard. It allows me to put rearward and downward pressure on the firearm with my support hand. It really allowed me to control the recoil immensely. I couldn't believe how fast I can perform follow up shots real quick using that knurl to assist in managing recoil. I didn't know if I would like the system as I was afraid it would be sloppy on the firearm or would be bulky and hinder my grip. NOT the case at all. It fits tight on the gun with not slop. It also is very thin in the grip area and allows a good purchase with my strong shooting hand and allows my support hand to really get a good purchase to manage the recoil. I like it because it looks cool and allows for a light system and also the recoil management is just icing on the cake. Take a look. It's made by Recover Tactical and really adds a lot of secondary features that come in real handy if your 1911 doesn't have a rail from the factory. It's probably not for everyone and can be removed very quickly. However, for now I like it and has allowed me to really blow through the knockdown plates at the range. That will come in handy if I need to rip off a couple of follow up shot in a hairy situation.

Attachments

• 20170512_171452(1).jpg
    20170512_171452(1).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 31
You're hooking the index finger of your support hand around the front of the trigger guard?
Yes. Kinda, both thumbs are pointed down the front of the gun along the side and the left index finger is not wrapped all the way around the trigger guard but just enough to apply a little pressure rearward and downward. If that knurl wasn't there my finger would just be resting there slightly. It gives me just enough of a room on there to apply the pressure. I played around with my grip to make it work for me.
I can't remember where I saw it but it was on one of the shooting shows on Outdoor channel where a shooter was using a two handed grip and both his thumbs were resting on the side of the frame and pointing forward. It's kind of a play on that grip with a slight modification. It works great with this grip and rail system and provides a lot of control during recoil.

Back
Top Bottom