• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 broken extractor

That is normal and inevitable if you shoot a lot . When I purchase a firearm I always buy spare parts as well. Firing pins and extractors are always the 1 and 2 parts I buy first as i have broken more of them than I care to remember

Ok, so now I am still at a loss. I got the Wilson Combat Bullet Proof (415-70) 70 Series, but I am thinking that something doesn't look right. My old broken extractor (on left) has a circle for that I-shaped bar and spring.
It doesn't look like it will fit with that bar and spring going where it was. Did I buy the wrong part?
IMG_20180128_191851.jpg
IMG_20180128_190452.jpg

Ok, so now I am still at a loss. I got the Wilson Combat Bullet Proof (415-70) 70 Series, but I am thinking that something doesn't look right. My old broken extractor (on left) has a circle for that I-shaped bar and spring.
It doesn't look like it will fit with that bar and spring going where it was. Did I buy the wrong part?
View attachment 1487200 View attachment 1487198

You purchased a Series 70 extractor. You need a Series 80 extractor. Unless you want to remove the Series 80 function.

View attachment 1487200 View attachment 1487198

Series 70 1911s don’t have firing pin safeties like the series 80. That little cylindrical part is what prevents the firing pin from striking the primer unless you pull the trigger. Series 70 don’t have such a mechanism. Like others have said you need a series 80 extractor.

1911 Extractors are like a light bulb, they may last virtually forever or they may break in the first mag full of ammo.
luck of the draw.
I think I have replaced one due to breakage in some 40 years and some 15-16 different 1911 brands.
return it for warranty repair, buy an extra some where as a backup or buy an aftermarket one and install it.

Back
Top Bottom