• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 Disassembly.....and reassembly - - no smiley, aka idiot mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

vettes321

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
These Colors Don't Run! Never Have, Never Will...
116   0
Reaction score
For the life of me, I just don't understand how 1911's get the proverbial scratch when reassembling the slide and you get the smiley face, better known as the idiot mark. Please, please, please.....do not push up with the slide release/stop against the frame....align and press down firmly...no more scratch...it pains me to see these marks....take your time and you can do this...

You guys are great....sincerely....take your time...don't get in a hurry...these fine guns are investments...no reason to get in a hurry...I have had many times when I couldn't get the pin to seat and had to walk away and come back later to try again. :)

Jeez, it's a tool. You actually shoot them, right? I mean, gunpowder going off, parts sliding around, holster presentations, sweat, everything? Do you actually shoot it, or just look at the 'fine investment'?

It would be like owning a Ferrari and never driving it. It's a doggone firearm. Draw it. Shoot it. Holster it. Maybe even drop it. Pistol whip someone if they need it. When you clean it, clean it thoroughly and put it back together.

I don't treat my 1911 with kid gloves. Yes, it has an "idiot mark" - although, if you have to walk away from your pistol, defenseless, because you're afraid to put your pistol back together because you might scratch it... well, who's the idiot again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom