1911 feedback needed

C.J. LaFrance

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
277   0
Reaction score
138BCFF8-3DC2-4BAF-A6BA-E4F99C50D45A.jpeg
A3414AE4-87C1-4F80-AEEF-1C6AE9FFF9E6.jpeg
I want to start this off by saying I have little to no knowledge of 1911’s. I have owned a few over the years including colts, Springfield’s, and kimbers. Out of the ones I did own, I only shot a colt defender. I had lots of issues with the gun for some reason or another and never got it to run consistently. I recently traded into a ATI Titan lightweight compact or officer sized pistol. I read reviews and immediately ordered the kimber recoil assembly and a Wilson combat extractor. The gun came with Wilson mags. Has anyone had one of these? Any other suggestions on upgrades? The member I got it from said it ran without any problems. I haven’t had the chance to shoot it. My parts should be in next week. I love the look and feel of the 1911 and hopefully I’m in this gun cheap enough to upgrade it to be reliable for EDC. Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated!

Don't change anything before you shoot it. That way if it runs fine and you make changes and it won't function correctly you can change it back. The smaller 1911's can be very picky on what parts and ammo they like.

Like others have said, I'd run it and see how it feels first before changing anything. I picked up a SR1911 lightweight commander the other day and love it. I thought about putting the Wilson combat spring kit in it, but I ran it with no malfunctions and changed my mind. I put that money towards an Azula IWB holster, and for the money it's good so far. Check them out for a decent holster for everyday carry, 40 bucks on Ebay shipped

Like others have said, I'd run it and see how it feels first before changing anything. I picked up a SR1911 lightweight commander the other day and love it. I thought about putting the Wilson combat spring kit in it, but I ran it with no malfunctions and changed my mind. I put that money towards an Azula IWB holster, and for the money it's good so far. Check them out for a decent holster for everyday carry, 40 bucks on Ebay shipped
I appreciate it! I have been wanting a Ruger 1911 but haven’t had the opportunity to grab one yet. If they are anything like the other guns Ruger puts out, it should be well built. I have a holster being made by @TKIM now. Handmade leather. His holsters are quality at a great price.

The Rugers are nice guns for the money. Only complaint I have is no checkering on the front strap. I'll probably pick up some talon grip tape to fix that. I'll definitely have to check him out for holsters in the future.

Back
Top Bottom