• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 Grips

I don't like VZ grips. They're ugly and uncomfortable, especially for daily carry.
I prefer standard thickness wood, checkered or smooth.
eBay has tons of offerings BTW.
Also, Czech out Amazon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Indeed, Rassco has real wooden grips , several types of composite grips that look and are real wood although are made with resins and pressure injected to make them both durable and near waterproof. likely one of the largest selections out there and not badly priced.
of course the G-10 grip that is made by any number of companies, If you want the VZ name then pay for it. depends a lot if you are going show or GO?
slick grips (like wood/bone) are nice to look at but I don't like them on a working gun.
then of course there is the old Hogue or Pachmayer rubber grip. just depends on what you like.
I have several different grips types for different companies and pretty much like them all.
The 1911's with Raasco.JPG

heres a picture of 3 sets of Rassco on different 1911's.

Reactions: MRH
I ordered these to try for now. I really like the looks of the checkered wood but I think the G10 grips will give me a little more texture. I may still order wood grips and try both.
IMG_1256.PNG

If the texture if too much on the VZ or any G10 grips, hit them with a little fine sand paper and remove the sharp edges. It won't change the appearance any and just wipe then off when done. I've got wood, VZ, and pacs on mine. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom