• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 Help !!! 1911 help needed

That video ^ shows the series 80 disconnector which makes it a tad more complicated. Your Taurus is a series 70 I believe and simpler. There are three simple parts that have to be placed correctly-see red on diagram. Lining the front two and getting the pin in is a bit tricky but not too difficult.

upload_2017-1-6_6-23-30.png

Here is the shortest video of putzing around the sear/disconnector/hammer.

The flat part of the disconnector contacts the back of trigger bow.

Don't worry if you don't get it back together the first time; it won't work or safety check out. Once you figure it out; you will enjoy shooting and cleaning them. These are like an old hot rod and need to be treated right.

I have to check, but I thought Taurus was a series eighty...

You were correct. I handled one a couple of years ago and could have sworn it was a series 70. They say the mind is the first to go...

A tad more involved but still not too hard to assemble back to functional.

upload_2017-1-6_16-58-6.png

Nice schematic....

For the op: if you decide to leave out the series eighty parts, you will need to install a spacer plate that takes their place. They are available from http://www.tjscustomgunworks.com/Photos4/1911Shim.htm

Be aware that the 2nd photo is not completely accurate the shim replaces only the two levers.

You will also need to do something about the firing pin block. Some people simply remove them and use the original firing pin and extractor. Others buy new series 70 parts and install. I can't make a recommendation, it is a personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom