• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 Horse butt

That's not a round butt. That's a standard bobtail.
bobtail, round butt, fastback... whatever you call it or whatever option the manufacturer sells it in.
I dislike the squared off edge on 1911s. It digs into my hand when shooting and is uncomfortable.

I've debated on buying a regular frame and grinding it off myself.
I'd much rather purchase one that is done by the manufacturer or a custom shop.

This will not be a carry pistol. This will be a range gun. I may break down and pay 1300 for a Dan Wesson but, I can't see investing that if there may be another option.

I have done quite a few of these myself, it is easy to do, it is also easy to mess up. It definitely changes the way the pistol feels in your hand, I particularly like it better. I have a Smith & Wesson and a pair of Kimber's that are round butt, and I have a few Dan Wesson's that are Bob tailed. I also have a round butt Springfield that I did myself that I love. Go for it, do it yourself, and you will appreciate it even more. Please post pics of progress ...

I have done quite a few of these myself, it is easy to do, it is also easy to mess up. It definitely changes the way the pistol feels in your hand, I particularly like it better. I have a Smith & Wesson and a pair of Kimber's that are round butt, and I have a few Dan Wesson's that are Bob tailed. I also have a round butt Springfield that I did myself that I love. Go for it, do it yourself, and you will appreciate it even more. Please post pics of progress ...

wanna sell one them DWs? lol

Back
Top Bottom