• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 question

Just to note, RIA dovetails are not standard size. It's possible to replacements, just gotta be careful.

Also, I've heard Armscor (in Nevada) provides good support. But I've never had to use it.

In general, unless you specifically want GI, I'd recommend upgraded sights and extended beaver tail. That seems to be the standard configuration, if not designated as GI.
I’ve got a buddy that bought a rock island 1911 in 10mm and had been having problems with it since he bought it. He’s been getting the run around from rock island support. It has feed issues. About every 3-4 round he gets a FTF. We’ve tried 3 different kinds of ammo and 2 different kinds of mags and still the same issue.

Just to note, RIA dovetails are not standard size. It's possible to replacements, just gotta be careful.

Also, I've heard Armscor (in Nevada) provides good support. But I've never had to use it.

In general, unless you specifically want GI, I'd recommend upgraded sights and extended beaver tail. That seems to be the standard configuration, if not designated as GI.
Just to add, Dawson Precision would be a good source for replacement sights. Agree with leaning toward a slightly upgraded model.

Thanks for the info; I had no idea bout the non-standard dovetails.

I have a RIA in 9mm. No problems so far. It is my hanging out with the dogs and going fishing at neighbors pond gun. It does feel heavy though. Paid a tad over $400. Also have a Springfield Range Officer that is smooth. Safe queen for the most part. Think I paid right at $800 with tax.

Best bang for your buck under $1000, in my opinion, is Fusion Firearms. They have a full size that retails around $699 that is a significant upgrade over a GI model for only a couple hundred bucks more than a GI.

Back
Top Bottom