• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 sear spring - has anyone ever used one of these . . . ?

Every part that company sells has that warning, including grip screws. Consider the source, and read up on what you want to do. If you aren't sure of something, ask, or get someone to look at it for you.

The US Army manual on inspecting and servicing the 1911 gives you the basics for testing function and what to look for in the way of possible mis fits.

It is available free via a search online.

I did not know that, and thanks for the excellent tip. I will avail myself of that resource.

Well, I got out my old Colt Series 70 .38 Super this evening.

Here is the "before" measurement. I still have a hard time believing a simple spring swap will drop the trigger pull that much. This dog is starting out at nearly 6 lbs.

dscn0786-jpg.86071

I have used C&S and they are Good reliable parts.
Just like the Warning says if you get hammer follow (Rarely happens with Stock Parts) you need a new Hammer and sear but make sure these are fitted right.

Gents,

I saw these sear springs on Brownells when ordering parts for my Zoid build. I thought I might try them as they were inexpensive enough that if they don't work, it's not a big loss.

Before I get all smiffin on something in preparation for my build, I thought I would see if any of y'all had tried these and what your thoughts were.

I am planning on trying each of these sear springs in my old Colt .38 Super. The trigger on that is pretty stiff and the sear spring is showing a bit of pitting and corrosion.

So did I wate my money or are these viable contenders.

The first is from Cylinder & Slide. It is their Light Pull Sear Spring.

dscn0784-jpg.86035

The second is a Clark Customs sear spring. This puppy is unusual in that it has four "fingers" instead of the classic three.

dscn0785-jpg.86036

I am hoping to get one or the other installed a bit later tonight, but was hoping to get some sage advice from the spice rack . . . . .

@geezer , do you have any experience with either of these?
I put a 4 finger Clark spring in my Gold Cup about 30 years ago and never looked back. Was able to tweak the spring to get a nice trigger pull and have been very happy with it. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom