1911 Size

What size 1911 for suppressor use

• Total voters

ShooterG

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
From a pure host weapon standpoint - is there a benefit to one size 1911 over another? I'm thinking of commander to save a little front heaviness but is there a downside to them over full size?

I have a full size (5") AAC R1 and it is an awesome host. The difference in weight is about 10oz approx. between commander and GI. I like the weight of the GI size with a suppressor. Might be harder finding a commander with a threaded barrel over the GI size.

There are a few on here now for sale I'm considering (one commander). Still a lot of research being my first 1911 - it's a lot of money to spend without knowing what I'm getting. I have looked at the R1 enhanced- around $700 online brand new but by the time I add night sights I think I could get a nicer model used?

If you were on the south end of town, I'd let you try out mine. I shoot the 1911 and FNX both suppressed and both are good host. Make sure you get suppressor sights on what ever you decide on unless you like looking thru the back of the can at your target.

Thanks for the offer. Do you like the sights on the R1? I will definitely get suppressor height - I just like having night sights too. It drives me nuts comparing threaded models with some that have suppressor height but just white or black - then other models come stock with night sights but they're not suppressor height!!!

There are a few on here now for sale I'm considering (one commander). Still a lot of research being my first 1911 - it's a lot of money to spend without knowing what I'm getting. I have looked at the R1 enhanced- around $700 online brand new but by the time I add night sights I think I could get a nicer model used?

I got some Silencerco branded trijicon sights for like 50 bucks. Work well.

Back
Top Bottom