• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1965-66-67 Mustang Convertible

Jolter D

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Reaction score
On the lookout for 1965-66-67 Mustang convertible. Does not have to be show condition but also cannot be a project car. Any and all feedback appreciated by a guy who has a bad/good case of Pony fever.

check out my avatar.
67 GT conv. Sold it a few years ago. It's in Texas now.
Fun car. Lots of looks!!
had 289, I put on edelbrock aluminum heads, nice cam, headers, etc. a late model v6 mustang was just as fast.....sadly. :(
But again, it looked great!!!

Mustang 1965.jpg

You never know when you'll find a deal.

My former neighbor was the ORIGINAL owner of his 1965 Ford Mustang (hard top, 6 cyl.).
He got it for his wife and then-teenage daughter. The daughter soon got her own car and then moved away. The wife hardy ever drove; she'd always wait for him to be available and they'd go together in his car.

He kept that Mustang in the garage and only drove it on nice days, usually on a Sunday for some shopping or when visiting relatives on the other side of town.

Around the year 2000, he decided to sell it.
He took the first offer... I think it was $500.

Sure, the car had some rust spots.
The interior fabric was fading in color, and the door weatherstripping was cracking.

But only $500 ??? For an all-original, low-miles 1965 Mustang, one-owner??

P.S. The pic above isn't his car-- just some random 1965 Mustang of the same specs and color that his was. That's what his car looked like when I was a kid in the 1970s and 1980s.

Expect to spend $15k PLUS for a decent convert of that gen.
Sure you can get them cheaper, but they will need some work.
Also the 6 cylinders bring 20-40% less than the small v8 2 barrel, so that may be an option.

Got a friend down in Marietta, he has a couple for sale. Te burgundy one needs a decent paint job, the white one needs a little more. Both are V8. PM me if interested and I'll send you his number.
Sorry, the white is a fastback and the burgundy is a coupe

Back
Top Bottom