• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, about the only thing the ATF could do would be require CLEO sign-offs again.

Anything else would have to be Congress changing the NFA and post-NFA laws. This isn't a new technology like bump stocks, where the ATF has latitude. Neither the technology or the definition of a suppressor has changed since the NFA went into effect.

We really need to find out of the suppressor used was purchased or homemade. A homemade can would really show how ridiculous the NFA is, if you can simply take an oil filter and a thread adapter and use it instead of a legal suppressor.
I'm taking all of the ATF and Government rulings with a grain of salt considering a machine gun is "one pull of the trigger and multiple rounds being fired". Everyone, even the ATF knew that bumpstocks were not machine guns, they just increased the ROF with the inertia of the stock reset. Like a standard finger can do the same.

Y’all be careful, there are chunks of sky hitting all around us...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-firearm-suppressors-after-va-beach-shooting/

Trump dont like em so they gotta go. I would like to see this defended.

See what defended? Calm your tits honey, no-one has said they have to go.... Here is the ENTIRE exchange....

Q The suspect in the Virginia Beach shooting used a silencer on his weapon. Do you believe that silencers should be restricted?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t like them at all. (see full text of comments made HERE, there ain't much about suppressors though)

The correct answer is that THEY ALREADY ARE RESTRICTED and DeWayne Craddock went through the same process that you or I would. Ask anyone who has had to visit their little shush-baby in ATF jail while they wait on permission to take it home how that is. My last wait was 425 days. Just because something is not liked in the moment doesn't mean they will be banned.....let's not feed the liberal fires. They can't 'ban' them without changing the NFA. If anything, they will try to legislate those awful baby-killing "extended magazines" first.

I'm taking all of the ATF and Government rulings with a grain of salt considering a machine gun is "one pull of the trigger and multiple rounds being fired". Everyone, even the ATF knew that bumpstocks were not machine guns, they just increased the ROF with the inertia of the stock reset. Like a standard finger can do the same.

The big difference is that a bump stock was something that didn't exist when the NFA was passed. That's where the ATF wedged themselves in. Different story with suppressors.

I still think the biggest thing to worry about isn't that they'll be banned, but that the $200 tax that was supposed to make them prohibitivly expensive back in 1934 will get adjusted for inflation, which comes out to more than $3,800 today.

That would still have to go through Congress, but it would be much easier for the gun controllers to get support for than trying for an outright ban, and it would kill the market just as completely.

Your government WILL screw you any way they can, anytime they can. Sometimes they just need the right circumstance to create an excuse so the pushback will be minimal and they know those pushing lack any cajones to really do anything about it. But continue to keep voting the same bloodsucking parasites back in to office because they have an R next to their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom