• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't worried, they still will be selling oil filters.

My bet is that braces will be the next thing to go because they are "scary" and have no apparent purpose.

Bump / slidefire stocks were easy to ban because they were something never contemplated by Congress, I am not clearly addressed in the NFA regulations and the definition of machine gun which was written by the NRA in contemplation of what gun designs & what trigger mechanisms were available in the 1930s.

Because the recent invention of a bump stocks exploited a loophole, an unintentional weakness, in the NFA's definition of a "machine gun," that's why Trump and the NRA went along with ATF re-classifying them.

In CONTRAST, allowing private citizens to buy or build silencers is not a loophole; it is exactly what Congress intended all along, and for most silencers the process is crystal clear without any questions.

The Prezidint and ATF are in the "Executive" branch of government. They execute, or carry out, the laws passed by Congress. Executives can fill-in grey areas and clear up vague points in the law by rulemaking, but they can't rewrite the law entirely.

It is perfectly clear that NFA registered-silencers that have been taxed are legal!

6114426722_6656fc0b58_b.jpg

So what, you guys gonna vote for Biden or Sanders?

Any vote other than a vote for Trump, is a vote for a Democrat.

Dunno mang. Just not happy with the way this "Republican" is handling IIA issues...I seriously doubt I would not vote in the next election but if we don't cause a stir now, he's gonna keep on keepin' on and we'll be left with our Fudd hunting rifles and shotguns - " cause who needs a 30rd magazine?"

Dunno mang. Just not happy with the way this "Republican" is handling IIA issues...I seriously doubt I would not vote in the next election but if we don't cause a stir now, he's gonna keep on keepin' on and we'll be left with our Fudd hunting rifles and shotguns - " cause who needs a 30rd magazine?"

I don't disagree with your logic, but to me, I would much prefer to be dealing with what Trump *might* do, than dealing with what any Democrat in office *will* do...

Lesser of two evils.

I think it's also changing of the times.

I honestly think in 30-40 years, we won't be able to buy new rifles and new magazines, probably even ammo like we do too.

They will have to be grandfathered in, regulated, but these days will be considered the "Good ol days" of firearm purchasing

I don't like it, but I think that's where we're headed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom