• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackface Northam, the sick twisted bastard who likes to kill babies outside of the womb, is moving to ban suppressors along with other nonsensical anti 2A legislation...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virgin...-legislators-to-consider-new-gun-legislation/

222_jpg-966682.JPG
Saw a news blurb about that. Yeah, it's due to the suppressor. What a bunch of lying assholes. But the media will run with it, the "public", idiots that they are, will agree. Suppressors must be double banned.

I don't know why folks think it's so far fetched. Jimmy Kimmel during his monologue makes fun of the fact that suppressors are actually legal and can be obtained or built for very little real money, the cows on The View start yapping in indignation that these criminal assistance devices are available and made today and can be bought with little actual trouble (just a short wait, that'll be their terminology), the trained seal audiences will groan and clap, the media will pick it up and "investigate" then pummel the public with fake outcry for action. In no time the do nothing pieces of **** in congress will have to act, have to pass some type of common sense controls on these things. Adjust the tax stamp cost to reflect inflation, create a background check criteria similar to that used for TS clearances, etc.

It could happen easily. Trump will exclaim support for the idea, his worshipful company of yapping acolytes will "MAGA" and chime in on how this will further curtail the anti-2A's attempts to restrict real freedoms, etc., etc., etc.

Even if you don't want to admit it, you know the above is a viable scenario.

"I'm just waiting for HPA to pass before I buy a suppressor" - said many poors.

:dance::dance:
I sort of felt bad for them when I heard that tripe. LOL. Not really. The same types of folks thought the CMP was going to sail surplus 1911A1s for $350 to $450 each, LOL.

I don't know why folks think it's so far fetched. Jimmy Kimmel during his monologue makes fun of the fact that suppressors are actually legal and can be obtained or built for very little real money, the cows on The View start yapping in indignation that these criminal assistance devices are available and made today and can be bought with little actual trouble (just a short wait, that'll be their terminology), the trained seal audiences will groan and clap, the media will pick it up and "investigate" then pummel the public with fake outcry for action. In no time the do nothing pieces of **** in congress will have to act, have to pass some type of common sense controls on these things. Adjust the tax stamp cost to reflect inflation, create a background check criteria similar to that used for TS clearances, etc.

It could happen easily. Trump will exclaim support for the idea, his worshipful company of yapping acolytes will "MAGA" and chime in on how this will further curtail the anti-2A's attempts to restrict real freedoms, etc., etc., etc.

Remove Trumps name, insert your favorite candidate= same result..

Jimmy Kimmel there is an objective opinion...

I have to admit I was more sceptical of this scenario, but you are 100% on this...

If Trump pushes to ban suppressors (whatever that means for an NFA device) the House would be more than willing enough to send a nice piece of Bloomberg-written legislation to the Senate in about 30 seconds.

If Trump pushed the Senate you would have some GOP-ers who would support it out of 'loyalty', and other who are just RINOs and would vote for it because of media coverage. I'm sure they would grandfather existing owners as a 'compromise', or maybe allow new sales but with an inflation-adjusted 'tax', which is almost $,000 in today's money.

And of course Trump would sign it if he was the one pushing it in the first place.

I'm still hoping this will blow over.

I didn't see any new suppressor-articles pop up on my news feed today that weren't from pro gun sources. That could be good or bad. A lot of times it seems like the backroom wheeling and dealing is preceded by a news blackout. Just look at the bumpstock ban... that got almost no press outside the gun community once it was announced, even with all the court cases and such.

On the flip side the word might have filtered out that it was a homemade can, which would pretty much sink any new legislation. That would be the best-case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom