• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$199 AR Stoner AR15 complete uppers today only

I was thinking about that too. Are the BCA barrels nitrided though?
According to the BCA website they are:
IMG_1150.PNG

I just went back and took a closer look at the PSA, AR Stoner and BCA pics on their websites though and the PSA barrel looks different from the other two. Evidently there's more than one company making cheap AR barrels chambered in 7.62x39

Look at the barrel just behind the flash hider....

AR Stoner
IMG_1154.PNG

BCA
IMG_1153.PNG

PSA
IMG_1152.PNG

Astute observation. I heard through the internet grapevine that PSA gets their nitrided barrels out of Korea.
Probably wrong, but still sorta makes sense

Those A2 flash hiders above all look the same to me, just at different angles on the guns. I'll let you know shortly how the Stoner units function; however, I have shot them before with no issues. Might not be 600 meter uppers; but will be fine for what 99.9% of us do with our AR's.

Those A2 flash hiders above all look the same to me, just at different angles on the guns. I'll let you know shortly how the Stoner units function; however, I have shot them before with no issues. Might not be 600 meter uppers; but will be fine for what 99.9% of us do with our AR's.
I wasn't talking about the flash hiders. Look at the barrel where it meets the flash hider. The PSA barrel steps down slightly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the AR Stoner uppers. I've shot one before myself and it ran flawlessly straight out of the box on several different brands of ammo.

I'm just thinking that a lot of these budget uppers are coming from the same place and being sold under different names. I think that's pretty common in the whole AR world in general though.

Back
Top Bottom