• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1st hunt with my boy

GlockGirl

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
1   0
Reaction score
My son (7) & I went on our first real hunt together tonight, finally. We walked away empty handed & I am a little frustrated for not having a higher confidence level in the shot opportunity that arose a couple times, even though it was about a 240-250 yard distance. I want a clean, accurate shot, not one to cause any suffering.
He was also passed out & I didn’t want to wake him up with a heart attack from the gun shot. (Tried to wake him twice quietly but he was out) Ha.
Although I may not let go of the regret from the memorable trip this could’ve been (had it ended differently) for a while, it will still be a very memorable trip & I am most certainly grateful for the time spent in my favorite place on Earth with my favorite person on Earth & that’s a HUGE win for this mama.
I’m also thankful I was taught to love the hunt more than the harvest as well as the cherish-able moments spent with family. I made sure to let my son know this tonight as well. Just the fact that he wanted to go sit in the middle of nowhere with me instead of staying behind at my dad’s lets me know I’m doing something right. #GodsCountry #MamasBoy #LoveTheHunt

0414E22A-537D-43A1-A7B8-A3CC1891A320.jpeg
CF2B91C0-5C7B-4E6B-B9D4-3D04D65B8E8C.jpeg

87E1BFFA-7EF3-49A3-BD1A-99F3AD655B94.jpeg

I couldn't have summed it up any better. I agree. It sounds like your doing a pretty good job. Good luck on your next hunt. Hopefully you'll get him hooked.

I couldn't have summed it up any better. I agree. It sounds like your doing a pretty good job. Good luck on your next hunt. Hopefully you'll get him hooked.
Thank you, I’m tryin. As a parent, especially a single parent, I guess I fear of constant disappointment from him with me, but it sure helps to appreciate a successful hunt when it happens. He was a lot less bummed that myself so that was a plus. Ha. I’m hopin next weekend we’ll be able to bag some meat together.

Thank you, I’m tryin. As a parent, especially a single parent, I guess I fear of constant disappointment from him with me, but it sure helps to appreciate a successful hunt when it happens. He was a lot less bummed that myself so that was a plus. Ha. I’m hopin next weekend we’ll be able to bag some meat together.
Most kids are actually pretty easy to please. They just want your attention and approval. They usually don't get hung up on the same things that we do. I see a happy boy in that picture. Deer or no

Back
Top Bottom