Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!

1st time Suppressor purchase and trust

Thread in 'Class III & NFA Discussion' started by BuzzGrizz, Feb 27, 2018.

1. BuzzGrizz

BuzzGrizz Frontiersman

38   0

Rating
    100%
    I've finally decided on a can going with the Q Trash Panda. I see where you can do a 1 shot trust through Silencer Shop and need some advice on the trust process.

I currently have a SBR not on a trust; could I add that SBR to a trust I do with the Suppressor?
    Or could I add both those items and possibly new NFA items to a trust later in life?
    I do not really have anyone I would add to the trust at this time besides my father and he is getting older.

Many thanks for any advice on this and pardon my ignorance.

Mr. Booshie likes this.
  2. npeters7

npeters7 Hunter

2   0

Rating
    100%
    From my understanding. You will just have to pay the $200 tax to transfer to your trust. You would still be able to have the SBR in your possession while the stamp is transferred to the trust since you already have the stamp in your name

Lazarus likes this.
  3. ShooterG

ShooterG Frontiersman

25   0

Rating
    100%
    I would do a full blown trust if you plan for more purchases. You never know down the road you may want spouse, children, male lover hunting partner to be able to borrow or use unattended. I wouldn’t add the sbr you already have - if you want to spend $200 to put an SBR in the trust just spend another $50-$200 and buy a new lower to put in there and have 2 SBRs.

Lazarus likes this.
  4. BuzzGrizz

BuzzGrizz Frontiersman

38   0

Rating
    100%
    Great info. Do I have to do the trust when I purchase or can I get it a few years down the road?

5. ShooterG

ShooterG Frontiersman

25   0

Rating
    100%
    Up front - the trust has to be the buyer.

6. HydroAuto

HydroAuto Frontiersman

13   0

Rating
    100%
    What he said ^^^

When you purchase the NFA devices you'll need/want to begin the NFA transfer paperwork (Form 4) as soon as possible. Filling out the Form 4 will require that you name the recipient of the NFA device. If it is a trust you will need to have the trust in place at that time, and submit a copy of the trust with the Form 4 to the BATFE for review/approval.

You do not want to do the trust later unless you have money to burn as transferring it from your personal name to a trust will require another $200, Form 4, photos, prints etc for each device you transfer.

AK74U likes this.
  7. DerekB711

DerekB711 ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

56   0

Rating
    100%
    if you want it on the trust then you have to do it on or before. which is easier and less expensive then adding it later

8. Mr. Booshie

Mr. Booshie The FN Scar guy Supporter

Supporter

91   0

Rating
    100%
    I went with the unlimited shot, so I can give access to specified items rather than the whole item list on the trust.

9. wdsk

wdsk Hunter

8   0

Rating
    100%
    Contact NFA Lawyers LLC. Real GA attorney Dean Phillips, real legal guidance, real legal assistant, real answers, real physical legal office location, & real close (fairly) .... Marietta. Start with his website, nfalawyers.com . Lots of info and questions anwered there, and for only $99 you can get a fully legal Trust with you as Trustee. The Trust will include forms to complete for assigning property now and in the future to the Trust.

They'll have it completed and returned to you by email in one business day. If you have questions you can call the law office and actually talk to them. Huge plus! Well worth the peace of mind to know it was done right.

AK74U, Sneakypete, DerekB711 and 3 others like this.
  10. DerekB711

DerekB711 ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

56   0

Rating
    100%
    ^^^ that's who I went with. great trust

wdsk likes this.