• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1x fired 223 brass prices?

done911

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
15   0
Reaction score
I have not bought any brass in a while, but the last I did buy was during the "Clinton is gonna win" scare.

I saw some ads on other boards where 1x was being sold at almost twice the price compared to last I bought some.. Is the price still going up?

This brass was cleaned but no other prep was done.... primers where not even knocked out so in my opinion it's worth nothing extra above range pick up.

Just curious what ODTers are seeing.

I sell 223/556 once fired at 50 per 1000. I think that is an excellent price.

I know, I've bought brass from you and I agree your brass is good and at a good price. I'm actually working on the last box 2k that I got from you know. May be hitting you up again in a month or so.

I have not bought any brass in a while, but the last I did buy was during the "Clinton is gonna win" scare.

I saw some ads on other boards where 1x was being sold at almost twice the price compared to last I bought some.. Is the price still going up?

This brass was cleaned but no other prep was done.... primers where not even knocked out so in my opinion it's worth nothing extra above range pick up.

Just curious what ODTers are seeing.

TO me personally its worth ZIP-Nada- nothing, the same price as I would give for 9 MM, 40 S & W brass.
its simply to easy to pick up at the range.
if its not sized, trimmed and cleaned then what do I need it for?
to someone that doesn't have the ability to pick it up I guess its worth something but thats NOT me..

I think its foolish to say that spent brass is worthless. Ive kept my brass for years. Brass is brass. Its about 80% copper 20% nickel. At the end of the day, its a commodity. There is a value and it keeps going up. Never down.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I think its foolish to say that spent brass is worthless. Ive kept my brass for years. Brass is brass. Its about 80% copper 20% nickel. At the end of the day, its a commodity. There is a value and it keeps going up. Never down.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

depends I guess, everything is worth something to someone, even crap, it can be used as fertilizer.
the question is do you want to store it, let it take up space, etc?
thats why I stated to ME, its not worth anything.
I bet there are a lot of hoarders that would love to have some shiny brass to give a bit of glitter to all the other stuff they have piled up.
IF the OP doesn't have the ability to pick up brass then it may be worth it to him?
of course now days you may be able to buy new factory 223/556 at near the price of Brass?

$50/1k seems to be the going rate on the forums (here and ar15.com). I"m sure you might be able to find somewhere to pick up brass but at indoor ranges picking up brass you didn't shoot is frowned upon. If you are a member at an outdoor club I'm sure you can pick up a fair amount there especially after matches, but that takes a lot of time. not worth $50 of my time to sit around sifting metal cases, grass and other stuff. for $50 I'd rather just buy some. or add another $50 for processed stuff. again that seems to be the going rate for 5.56 brass.

If 50 per 1k isn't low enuf, tell me what I gotta match. I think you can find forums with people selling 1k here and there. I've got enough to outfit a SHTF prepper. So yeah, I think 50 is a fantastic price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom