• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 noob ?'s

The Bandit

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
ok i think im almost ready to give it a go..... 1st question: Are there any good suggestions for a table to set everything up on? i live by myself in an upstairs apartment so cant get anything to big and bulkly but dont want to pay for the $100 put together at home table i saw at bass pro or somewhere like that. also dont have any tools here to do it myself or i would totally piss my neighbors off with the circular saw ;-P. 2nd Question: I was looking at dies and was wondering which should i use. I have an old rcbs single stage but rcbs dies are flippen expensive and lee looks so much more tempting...overall as to quality and having to replace and such, which would y'all recommend?

Lee dies will work fine in the press, if you have to buy new, go to the gun shows and look around, you'll find lots of new and used stuff from dealers and regular people trying to move stuff.

Find an old fold out table with a steel frame underneath, prob will have particle board top. Go to the depot and have them cut you a piece of 3/4" oak plywood to screw to it. that will build up the top and should work for a table. just my .02

Lee dies will work fine in the press, if you have to buy new, go to the gun shows and look around, you'll find lots of new and used stuff from dealers and regular people trying to move stuff.

Find an old fold out table with a steel frame underneath, prob will have particle board top. Go to the depot and have them cut you a piece of 3/4" oak plywood to screw to it. that will build up the top and should work for a table. just my .02

i appreciate that. i didnt even think of that. i was so worried about trying to get it up stairs and in the narrow hall way that i didnt even think of that lol. i got really inspired to start setting up my equipment after watching almost 2 straight hours of youtube reloading vids.

i had a small setup once. ordered a small platic reloading table from midway for about 50.00. that and a fold out card table held my entire setup. only needed a corner of a room. lee dies are fine.

I saw a video on you tube of a guy using black and decker workmate table. Don't know how much they are but they shouldn't be too expensive, and they are compact.

Last edited:
17" steel tire rim with a piece of 4"pipe cut to your desired height with a 1/4" steel plate welded to it worked for me when I had nothing else. Weld the pipe to the center of the rim and you are pretty well good to go. Keep the press as close to the pipe as you can for leverage.

You can put it away real easy and hardly takes up any space.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom