• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 reminders to be ready and proficient with your firearm.

Then some Liberal judge says "well it looks like you executed the criminal with that second shot, and that wasn't necessary.
The first shot was enough to stop the threat (maybe), life in prison for you young man".
Especially if the law abiding citizen is White, and the perp is any other race, then we all know that it was racially motivated.

But I'm going to shoot to kill, leaving witnesses is bad business.

So did the robber in the green shirt, the one who went into the store, get hit behind the counter?
Or did he just fall backward as he dodged (successfully) the single shot that the off-duty cop fired at him (from arms' length), and it only APPEARED to the cop that the bad guy was "going down" from a hit?

Certainly, the bad guy not only fires back quickly (even while he's still down), but he gets up and runs out of the store quite sure-footed, firing (and connecting with the cop's back) one-handed in that counter-ambush.

So, when he runs past the cop and tries to flee the scene on foot, he falls over. When was he hit?
When the cop pointed the gun at his upper chest from 1 meter away as the bad guy stood still?
Or when the cop, already wounded and down, fired at him from the sidewalk? (Probably not, I'm thinking).

MAIN LESSON: Don't count on a single hit from a normal-caliber handgun to put a bad guy out of the fight for the rest of the encounter. Even if he appears to go down, he could have just fallen from scrambling and trying to dodge your shot.

Thanks for posting this.

P.S. When I train, I rarely shoot single rounds and then pause. I generally shoot either "double taps" (one sight picture, and two pulls of the trigger, meaning I'm NOT re-acquiring the sights for that second shot, but going by muscle memory and blurry glimpse of the sights) or a controlled pair (two shots as quickly as I can re-acquire the sight picture).

Honestly though, for the distances involved here, and the fact that the bad guy was not effectively behind cover when the cop first shot at him, I think the cop could have skipped any use of the sights at all and just POINTED the gun and jerked the trigger two or three times as fast as possible and scored at least 2 good hits.

Back
Top Bottom