• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

20 year and 15 year sentences for flag waving disrupters in Douglas county

I feel more Comfortable with more and more trees round me I know that for sure. Didn't take long for this young buck to realize that property, and privacy are things to be revered and protected not avoided. I wish to be more separated from this thing we call "society" every day. Should start a thread "what do us young guys do to reach the mountains before our fathers"

I have property in more than one location, and my family once had a beautiful place in the mountains, but for now I still reside in Douglas. It has always been home, but no longer.....GA mountain property is ridiculously overpriced these days, and the yuppies are taking over so they can take their nature hikes and bird watch, so my advice is do like I did and find a nice piece of inexpensive but resourceful south GA land, or look in northern Alabama mountains. Their prices are way, WAY better and their mountains are quite beautiful also...I was up there last week and it is nice.

I have property in more than one location, and my family once had a beautiful place in the mountains, but for now I still reside in Douglas. It has always been home, but no longer.....GA mountain property is ridiculously overpriced these days, and the yuppies are taking over so they can take their nature hikes and bird watch, so my advice is do like I did and find a nice piece of inexpensive but resourceful south GA land, or look in northern Alabama mountains. Their prices are way, WAY better and their mountains are quite beautiful also...I was up there last week and it is nice.
I lived in Fairbanks Alaska for 5 years ish. Really really wished I had the clearness of mind to purchase a spot up there while I had all the opportunities. Anything worth having is worth working for. It's tough living, but it's freedom.

I was implying that there are 2 ethnic groups in particular fighting over territory hear (gangs) that's all. Drive up Grassdale Rd Cartersville any given Fri night. Stabbin shootin

Ah, I gotcha...Well hopefully they will kill each other off and you'll be rid of them.

"Devil's Advocate" was mentioned in above comments but for different reasons.

What if.........a white family, in a predominant white neighborhood was celebrating an 8 years old birthday party when numerous 1970's Monte Carlos with big chrome wheels, loud rap music, with black guys wearing hoodies, hanging out the windows, screaming racial slurs, and pointing a shotgun at people.
If you were there would you sit on your arse and not say something?
I would.
What if you found out that 2 of the thugs involved received 20 years (13 to serve) and 15 years (6 to serve)
Man, name D-Piddy, 26 yrs old. Female,name Meshane Jackson, 25 yrs old.
Two others charged with felonies and received shorter sentences after pleading guilty.
Others charged with misdemeanors and released.

I'm as white, or maybe whiter than most of you guys. Very conservative and staunch traditionalist.
I think BLM is a crock of BS.
I think thugs come in different colors and some are white as rice and have as much common sense as a rock.
We all have someone like them in our families somewhere down the line.
If these thugs were black would it make you feel different about the sentences?

(By the way the two thugs that were sentenced names were Jose Ismael Torres and Kayla Rae Norton if that makes any difference)

I lived in Fairbanks Alaska for 5 years ish. Really really wished I had the clearness of mind to purchase a spot up there while I had all the opportunities. Anything worth having is worth working for. It's tough living, but it's freedom.

Alaska has always called my name, but I have a 3 year old son here and his Mom and I are not married, so here I must remain. If I could go, I would in a heartbeat.

He didn't. He called it a hate crime and said they were motivated by racial hatred, and that's why they got the maximum penalty.

Anyone thought he did that on purpose? I'm just musing here, but what if he was thinking it'd leave grounds for appeal and a more appopriate sentencing while cleansing his hands of the whole ordeal. He gets to say "look I did all I could for my constituents but I've been overruled by a higher court", essentially leaving an out while still appeasing the populace. Hope it backfires but that's how lawyers and judges think sometimes...sleazy bastards are just that. Not saying that's what he's thinking, even the blind squirrel finds a nut, but I wouldn't put it past them. IANAL, so it may not even work that way and as always YMMV. County is a ****hole anyhow, glad we moved from Post Rd in the 80's.

What if.........a white family, in a predominant white neighborhood was celebrating an 8 years old birthday party when numerous 1970's Monte Carlos with big chrome wheels, loud rap music, with black guys wearing hoodies, hanging out the windows, screaming racial slurs, and pointing a shotgun at people.
I would.
What if you found out that 2 of the thugs involved received 20 years (13 to serve) and 15 years (6 to serve)
Two others charged with felonies and received shorter sentences after pleading guilty.

I'm as white, or maybe whiter than most of you guys. Very conservative and staunch traditionalist.
I think thugs come in different colors and some are white as rice and have as much common sense as a rock.

(By the way the two thugs that were sentenced names were Jose Ismael Torres and Kayla Rae Norton if that makes any difference)
When would we have an opportunity to feel different? What you described has NEVER been identified as a hate crime....

I would.

But that's the problem - what you described would not and does not happen. The sentences would be much lighter.

Back
Top Bottom