• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

20 year and 15 year sentences for flag waving disrupters in Douglas county

Just to narrow the discussion, under current Georgia law, the length of the sentence is not reviewable, as long as it is within the legal limits for the crime. So no appeal based on the length of the sentences.

As for the judge, and re-election, Superior Court judge elections are non-partisan.

I'm all for waving the flag, but you can put me down in the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" column.

"Devil's Advocate" was mentioned in above comments but for different reasons.

What if.........a white family, in a predominant white neighborhood was celebrating an 8 years old birthday party when numerous 1970's Monte Carlos with big chrome wheels, loud rap music, with black guys wearing hoodies, hanging out the windows, screaming racial slurs, and pointing a shotgun at people.
If you were there would you sit on your arse and not say something?
I would.
What if you found out that 2 of the thugs involved received 20 years (13 to serve) and 15 years (6 to serve)
Man, name D-Piddy, 26 yrs old. Female,name Meshane Jackson, 25 yrs old.
Two others charged with felonies and received shorter sentences after pleading guilty.
Others charged with misdemeanors and released.

I'm as white, or maybe whiter than most of you guys. Very conservative and staunch traditionalist.
I think BLM is a crock of BS.
I think thugs come in different colors and some are white as rice and have as much common sense as a rock.
We all have someone like them in our families somewhere down the line.
If these thugs were black would it make you feel different about the sentences?

(By the way the two thugs that were sentenced names were Jose Ismael Torres and Kayla Rae Norton if that makes any difference)

I suspect there would be "Dindu Nuffin" memes and "Shoot the thugs" Post going on.

Back
Top Bottom