• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

20-Year-Old Sues Dick’s Sporting Goods for Refusing to Sell Rifle

I agree with points 1 & 2, but I hope he loses and gets charged costs.

Oregon has strong anti-age discriminatory law. Hope all you want but this does appear to be a closed case no matter how long the lawyers for Walmart and Dick's want to drag it out even it goes to state in appeal.

Edit: How long Dick's and Walmart want to keep paying lawyers for a losing case.

Oregon has strong anti-age discriminatory law. Hope all you want but this does appear to be closed case no matter how long the lawyers for Walmart and Dick's want to drag it out even it goes to state in appeal.

That doesn't address an FFL's right to refuse to sell to a person they don't want to.

I agree with points 1 & 2, but I hope he loses and gets charged costs.
giphy.gif

If 50,000 twenty year olds would do the same exact thing all over the country, I think they may change their minds on the age limit. Attorney fees will eat them alive.

The states that have no state law prohibiting sale of long guns to 18 and above and have iron clad anti-age discriminatory laws will have to follow their own law until they make it illegal.

This would be a state by state basis.

I'm not sure if an Oregon decision would change the corporate hive mindset for the rest of the states and go back to simply just following the state law they are in or continue virtue signaling in the name of social justice. I guess business has been slow for management...

Back
Top Bottom