• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2000 Tacoma Knock sensor

GlockDawg

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Assault Wookie
29   0
Reaction score
20191120_130254.jpg

So I was pulling out of my hunting spot the other day and my check engine light came on my 2000 Tacoma. My code reader says p0325 knock sensor bank 1

I checked online cause I never even heard of a knock sensor and can't believe the price for the replacement part. Somehow I lucked out it seems with my taco as I only had to move my fuel filter out of the way to get to it. Took me about 10mins to remove.

I've heard that most vehicles have 2 sensors but I think my truck has only one since it's a 2.4L 4cyl manual. If any knows for sure please let me know.

The plug and wire seems to be in pretty good condition and I tried the "ping" test with it reinstalled with no change in voltage. Got that idea from youtube.

Since a replacement OEM part is round $170.00 and it takes me barely 30mins to complete the job, does anyone know of any reputable generic brands I could use?

2000 Toyota Tacoma 2.4L 4cyl 5 speed manual with 230000 miles.

I installed a $20 sensor and was able to put a few miles on it today. So far it runs fine now and no code.

I'll be taking it hunting tomorrow morning so we'll see how it goes.

Does it have any trouble cranking or idling?

No none at all actually, it's been a great truck.

I installed a $20 sensor and was able to put a few miles on it today. So far it runs fine now and no code.

I'll be taking it hunting tomorrow morning so we'll see how it goes.

No none at all actually, it's been a great truck.
Has it lost any acceleration/power?

Back
Top Bottom