• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2011 Deer Season Kills ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MO 2011.jpg
Annual trip to Galt,MO.....Not a giant rack..7 point ...maybe 110 score..Body is where it's at with these free grazing cows...312 pounds on the hoof...223 dressed....always great meat as well.

they are monsters out there....Hell, they ain't nothing but free grazing cows....beans an corn for a every day diet...I come back to Ga. after seeing those deer and look at the one's here like pigmi goats...lol

i got this one the weekend before Thanksgiving. I had been watchin him for several weekends and finally decided to pull the trigger on him. Dropped him in his tracks at 342 yards with my remington 700 in .270. also been able to get 3 coyotes this season and a couple of does. overall it was a pretty good season

Picture 370.jpg

I was working on a job for a guy in December here in athens, ga, and the guy could care less about deer hunting or anything outdoors for that matter, so naturally I was just picking with him about hunting and stuff and before the day was over I was like "Ya know as much as you travel you and know all these people you think you have me a place to hunt haha" and about ten minutes later he comes in there, hands me his phone and says "here this is "so and so"" I was like what? Haha(get the phone) "hello?" The guy answered " so you wanna do some hunting huh? Well you head up here tonight and you can hunt two days before the family comes in" well long story short this place was a 2,000 acres plantation in South Carolina, I ended up being able to hunt 4 days and got this 8 pointer the 4th morning. It was prolly 20 degrees freezing and says several that morning before he came in around 830 chasing two does. Shot was about 70 yds with a Kimber .308. Had a great time there and really looking forward to going back!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363970192.935316.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363970225.165914.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom